In keeping with the switch in format, the event explored the “viability of new meeting methods” and incorporated content such as logistical challenges as well as likely attendance levels at such events and the subsequent financial challenges faced by both organisers and the supply chain.
In particular the event focused on:
- How financially viable are hybrid or virtual meetings for clients and suppliers?
- How can we ensure ROI for delegates?
- Ensuring we maintain a great event experience.
- The future of event sponsorship.
The event was moderated by Vincent Pahlplatz, general manager at The Hague Marriott and the panellists were:
- Kim Myhre, CEO and managing partner, Experience Designed
- Carin Smand, executive director of the European Hematology Association
- Frank Yang, director, marketing & business development at KINTEX
- Guillermo Torres, executive director and professional congress organiser, Torres Pardo SL
The key takeaway from the event was the need for everyone to think differently and realise that hybrid and digital events offer an opportunity. If well managed, with the right content, platform and design, they can increase attendance levels and therefore income. As panellist Guillem Torres said: “We need to consider the balance between the reduction of income related to on-site registrations. The huge number of potential delegates attending virtual meetings and showing support is key in financial terms. If well-managed the profit could be increased.”
Highlights of the event and a recording of the content are available via: https://conventionbureau.thehague.com/how-viable-are-the-new-ways-meeting
Bas Schot, head of The Hague Convention Bureau said: “It was a real delight to host a live event after so many months of looking through a lens. This event was a demonstration of how well hybrid meetings can work and stood as the perfect case study for the positive conversations taking place between the panellists. The audience was incredibly engaged, the questions and answers as ever were varied and insightful. Thank you to those that joined online as well as those in person. We look forward to welcoming you to our next event in August.”